Friday, January 2, 2009

Karibu!



(Translation: Welcome!)
Today I am beginning a new blog for our ministry. I hope that you enjoy watching God at work in and through us.
A 3-month commitment to training ministry leaders in East Africa begins tomorrow, with flights departing from Chicago in the evening. It will take several days of travel before arriving in Nairobi, Kenya. There we will be meeting with a pastor from Uganda, who is planning to assist us with our first upcoming conference at the end of January. Then on Friday we will board a bus for Arusha, our East African headquarters.
With the help of some of my Michigan friends (who have fast and reliable internet), I should be able to keep you updated with new pictures and stories about every week or so. (Thank you to those of you who will be assisting me with uploading and passing along the news.)