Monday, September 26, 2011

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO:

- witnessing what God is doing, even in the remote Tanzanian bush

- Stoney Tangawizi (East African ginger soda, my favorite!)

- having a schedule with more time built in for the Word and prayer

- Tanzanian plants and animals (especially the elephants and giraffe), as well as beautiful African sunsets.

I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO:

- weekly shopping trips (or worse yet: shopping every other day, if we have no electricity for refrigeration)

- tension and pressure of a tight writing schedule

- foreign language communication when I feel like I have forgotten my Swahili (Bob and Susan are trying to convince me that it will come back to me quickly. I hope so.)


WHAT IS GOD TEACHING ME RIGHT NOW IN LIFE?

- trust, which I will readily admit I have some trouble with.

- to find a place of rest with Him, despite the busy-ness and demands of life and ministry.

- appreciation for the important things in life.

- to take care of myself and my body because He has plans for me and my future.