Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello again, Tanzania!

Seems like we never even left!

Crossed the border into Tanzania, and immediately faced both the hustle and bustle of the Tanzanian culture, and...the "polepole" (Swahili for "slowly, slowly") of the Tanzanian culture.
Yes, it seems to me that Tanzania is a country of extremes--












VERY crowded, chaotic passageways...
...VERY, VERY full carts...


...VERY ornately-painted storefronts...




     ...VERY colorful furniture
(in  VERY tip-sy sheds).     











But the minute I begin to notice the Tanzanian people, the moment I begin to look into their eyes and into their lives, my heart fills with joy and anticipation. The children are beautiful and inquisitive! The adults, though often tired and overwhelmed by life's circumstances, have a rich and intriguing culture--one that I am so looking forward to entering into again.