Friday, October 28, 2011

BAD NEWS!

Well, with less than 24 hours before going out to conference in "the bush," my computer crashed. . .hard!

As we did the final edits of our teaching material, preparing it for the local print shop, my computer would not boot up. Of course, this was a devastating discovery because ALL of our teaching material was on MY computer!
(Yes, a mistake we have all learned from.)
All along, we have tried to keep a copy on each of our computers, just in case something like this happened. However, on this our final day of prep, mine was the ONLY full copy! Yikes!)

Bob to the rescue! He quickly grabbed his emergency computer stuff, and was able to extract the teaching material from my on-its-deathbed hard drive. Praise God, we were then able to print it out quickly and get it to the print shop on time!
But, of course, the bad news was that I was left with a huge computer problem.

After returning from the conference, Bob ran all over town to find a used hard drive for $70. And after fiddling with it for the past 4 days, my computer has been returned to me, and I'm only missing the last month or so of email, etc.

So, a bit of a loss. . .a ton of inconvenience. . .but now I am on track again, and ready to update you on what we have been up to!